Healthcare professional involved in the care of stroke patients in Georgia are invited to join us in our endeavor to provide outstanding stroke care and education to the citizens of Georgia.
• Unique, voluntary grass-roots organization
• Began with 7 Atlanta Stroke Coordinators in 2007
• Founded in 2009 as Georgia Stroke Professional Alliance
• Reached Non-Profit Status in 2018
• Has submitted Abstract to ISC annually since 2012 and presented since 2013
• Now over 240 members throughout Georgia with representation from hospitals, physician, independent consultants, pharmaceutical and medical device industry representing stroke specific treatments, key stakeholders from the AHA, DPH, Coverdell and leading Research Institution
• Resource for best practice and mentor those new to stroke care, helps implement “best practices”
The Georgia Stroke Professional Alliance is committed to stroke prevention and optimizing stroke care through networking and education.
President (2021): Katie Collins, Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Past President (2021): Dorothea Peters, MSN, RN-BC, St. Josephs'/Candler Health
Vice President: Jay Connelly, RN, SCRN, Piedmont Henry.
Secretary: Shannon Doppelheuer, Emory. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Lisa Jackson, Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Research: Lori Sutherly, Emory/Grady
Professional Education: Jessica Wasserman, Grady
Deb Camp, Piedmont Newnan
Community Education: Jessica Long
Bylaws: Erica Walker, Piedmont Newton
Holley Adams, NGHS
Membership: Denise Goings, Medical Center Navicent Health
Marketing (Social Media): Taylor Esdale, Piedmont Atlanta
Jessica Aspinwall, Memorial Health